Thursday, November 24, 2011

Week 18 (round 2)

Okay, I totally suck, because I forgot to take a belly pic this week...  Week 18 fell on Thanksgiving day and we were up in OC celebrating with family.  I completely forgot to take a pic, that day or the next few days after.  I tried looking at the pics from Thanksgiving, to see if there were any good "belly pics", but these days, I'm taking pics of Madison, which makes it hard for me to be in any of them - haha.  Anyhow, here is still a picture for you to enjoy... of a bell pepper... haha :)

How our baby's growing:
Hear to rump, our baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weights almost 7 ounces.  Our baby had become amazingly mobile (at least compared to me), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swalling.  And the baby's finally baby's finally big enough that I'll be able to feel those movements.

So, last time, it took me until about week 19 before I could feel any movements (at least, before I could be positive that it was the baby... not just my tummy).  This time however, I started feeling movements around week 12-13.  I heard that once you've had a baby, you can feel movements earlier since you're able to differentiate between belly grumbles and baby movements - and it's completely true!  I only felt it a few times in the beginning, but I knew it was the baby!  Each week has brought more and more movements and this past Tuesday Deven actually felt the baby kick!!!  It really is such an amazing feeling - one that I'll never get tired of feeling !! :)

Don't forget - on Monday (28th) we get to find out the gender - so exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment