Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 17 (round 2)

I feel like time is going by faster this time around.  Maybe it's because I'm so busy chasing Madison around that I forget I'm pregnant half the time... or maybe it's because this time I'm pregnant during the busiest time of the year - the Holidays!  The next 2+ months are so jam-packed with events that before I know it, it will be the end of January and my due date will be around the corner! 
17weeks, 3days
How our baby is growing:
Our baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it.  The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.
Our last Dr. appt was pretty fast and easy, it's amazing how many questions you DON'T have the second time around... makes for a much quicker visit!  The Dr. said that the baby's heartbeat sounded perfect and our next appt would be in another month (Dec 13th).  Even though we won't go back to our Dr for another month, we do have 1 appt before then...... the 18-20wk Fetal Anatomy Scan.  This appt will consist of another ultrasound, which they use to check the baby's growth, heart, bones, etc. and my fluid levels.  That appt is the Nov 28th - oh yea, we'll also find out the gender - WOO HOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment