Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 16 (round 2)

Okay, I'm going to admit it - I've been really really bad about taking belly photos this time around.  Usually because by the time I remember, I'm already in my pj's and that's not exactly my "best" look! haha.  So after weeks had gone by, I finally took a belly pic - yeah for me! :)
16 weeks
I know that it doesn't look like much of a belly BUT if you look back at my 16wk belly pic (from Madison) I didn't show this much until I was much further along.  So I guess it's true, you show earlier the 2nd time around!

This pregnancy has been very similar and very different.  I wasn't as nauseous (thank God!), but I was SUPER tired!  Unlike last time, when I could come home, put my feet up and fall asleep at 7pm (if I wanted to) and sleep in on the weekend (until I felt like getting up) that didn't happen this time around..... thanks to my little angel AKA Madison!  I felt so wiped out for the first 3 months, but now that it's passed, I have much more energy, which is a good thing, because Madison has moved on from just walking....... she's running!! :)

How our baby is growing: 
I'm getting ready for a growth spurt... In the next few weeks, our baby will double its weight and add inches to its length.  Right now, our baby is about the size of an avacado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.  Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in and taste buds are forming.  
Our next Dr. appt is next Tuesday the 15th - which will be just a normal checkup.  In about 2 more weeks, we'll get to find out the sex - how exciting!!! Everyone keeps asking us what we are hoping to have, we really don't have a preference.  It would be so great for Madison to have a little sister BUT it would also be so fun for her to have a little brother (everyone is hoping for a boy), either way, we just want a happy healthy baby!  Deven is CONVINCED it will be a girl, I guess we'll find out soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment