Sunday, January 29, 2012

Surprise!

This past weekend I surprised my best friend Becky by flying to Chicago to attend her baby shower.  She didn't think I was coming since it was so far and I was pregnant myself, but 2 days before the shower, I found EXTREMELY cheap tickets and Deven convinced me that I had to go and surprise her - so I did!  Her parents were sooo sweet and picked me up from the airport AND let me stay at thier house so that we could keep it a surprise from Becky & Dan. 

It was such a short trip, I landed at 9:30pm on Friday and flew out at 8am on Sunday, but it was enough time to see my friend, her belly (her hubby) and create some wonderful memories!

I want to remind you that it was 80° when I left SD and when I arrived, it looked like this:
 30° and snowing!!  

It was mid-morning before Becky & Dan got there, but when they did Becky showed us "the UGLY cry"
I know that she looks really upset, but I SWEAR, those are tears of JOY 
(at least that's what she told me - haha)
 could we be more opposite looking - haha?  

Once all the hugs, tears and stories were shared, we settled down and got ready for the shower!
 The happy parents-to-be
 
 
 
 Time for cake!
 
 
Becky, you are my best friend and a beautiful, fantastic, loving and caring person.  I was so happy to be able to share in your special day! Your little girl is going to be so lucky to have you for a mom - you'll be amazing!  I can't wait to see what she looks like and I can't wait until this summer when I'll get to meet her!

1 comment:

  1. You're the best! I STILL can't believe you did that. I am so lucky to have you :-) I can't wait to see you this summer too...our new babies will get to hang out and become BFFs just like us!

    ReplyDelete