Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pennsylvania!

First I have to apologize for taking so long to update the blog.  I took over 1000 pics on our trip and it was sooo hard to figure out which to post.  On top of that, my computer cord crapped out on me and I was too lazy to get a new one, so I couldn't turn on my laptop (which of course has all the pics loaded on them).  Luckily the cord started working again and I am finally getting around to blogging!  

So again, very sorry that I'm a slacker... there are 7 separate posts - so make sure to check them all out!
 
Well as you can imagine we were all very excited to go to Pennsylvania!  My Aunt Karen and Uncle Ed live in a town called Slippery Rock, which is about an hour outside of downtown Pittsburgh, PA.  They just finished building their dream home - a beautiful log cabin - and we couldn't wait to see it!  They live on about 15 acres, so they are a little secluded from things, but that was exactly what we were looking forward to!  

This trip was filled with family, laughter, hiking, fishing, fireworks, bonfires, relaxing, target practice, lots of food and loads of fun!!  I hope you all enjoy the pics :)

 Our trip started out VERY early - 5am!
Madison wasn't a fan - haha
she loved looking out the window :)
Yeah! We finally landed!
Madison did soooo good on her very first plane ride  We had two 3hr flights and she slept for about and hour on each flight, which made things much easier!  When she was awake, she was such a good girl, she played with her toys, read her books with Nana and looked out the window with her daddy.  We left for the airport at 5am and didn't get into PA until 5pm, which was actually 8pm our time... we were exhausted!!!

The rest of these pics are an asortment of photos from our trip.  We spent a lot of time in the pool and at the pool house just having fun and relaxing!

Ed & Karen's Cabin
  The pool house
fire pit :)
 Having fun in the pool!!
bath time in aunt karen's sink!

 We did so many things while in PA, that I've decided to separate the posts by events - hope you enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Can I have a copy of Madison in the sink. So cute! Glad you guys had a great trip.
    Auntie Candice

    ReplyDelete