Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 21

Our baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a banana. It's starting to feel like she's practicing martial arts since her initial fluttering movements are turning into full-fledged kicks and nudges. I've also started to discover a pattern to her activity as each day passes.
Interesting information... Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, I need to think about what I want my little girl to eat as I prepare my own lunch.

3 comments:

  1. Well I think we need to get her little taste buds ready for Some TEQUILA - ( little tequila rose)!!!! Well she is going to LOVE CHEESE - that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we will all be ready to start singing the famous song - 100 bottles of beer on the way .... but it will be 100 days till madison comes along - 100 days to wait - the grandmas will be so happy then - just 100 days to wait!

    xoxoxox
    crazy grams Ivy

    ReplyDelete