Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's a GIRL!!!!

Well the big day finally arrived and we found out that we are expecting a little baby girl! We were so excited to see how much our baby had grown since the last time we had an ultrasound (10 weeks ago). The nurse was able to tell within a few minutes that it was a girl. Even though Deven had been predicting it this whole time, I think he was still a little shocked to finally hear the news.

The doctor had to chase her around to get the measurements, since she didn't seem to want to stay still (hmmm... sounds just like her mom), she kept squirming and moving her arms and legs all over the place. Once all the measurements were done, we got to just watch her move all around while the nurse pointed out all her parts to us.

Here are a few pics we got to keep!
**The really white parts are her bones **


This picture pretty much shows her whole body. Her head, her torso (the darker/blackish spot in the top part of her torso is her heart), her legs (mainly the left leg) and you can even see part of her left hand (the little white spot above her belly).

So in this picture, you have to imagine that you're looking at the baby while she's laying down on her back... The dark parts on her face are her forehead and eye sockets (and if you look really close you can see a little faint white circle within the dark eye socket... that's her eye), then the rest is her torso again and the little white lines are her ribs.

This picture was the best we could get of a side profile. She wouldn't stay still long enough to capture a better one. You can see her nose and lips, her torso and part of her little hand again.

Here are her little feet and toes (well they are little for now, but if she's anything like her parents, she'll be a big foot for sure!!). We got to see her kicking and moving her little feet all over the place!

This whole experience has been so amazing! We can't wait until the big day when we can finally introduce the world to our little baby girl ...
Madison Nicole Lightner!

7 comments:

  1. Madison Nicole is a beautiful name, and I can't wait to welcome her into the Lightner family!! She will be the fifth generation to have the name "Madison," although all the others were men. How times change, huh? Deven's great grandfather, grandfather, and father all have Madison as their middle name, just as Deven does, so it is very touching to me that you have decided to name your first child Madison. And yes, from these latest pictures, I think Madison still looks like me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on yet another girl! Deven will be like Glenn in that he will be surrounded by his harem. So is it appropriate to have her call me Auntie Quila? You need to post some prego pictures of yourself. The MacLean's want to see your pregnant glow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to buy her a ton of girly things, dresses, bows, hair clips....and PINK! Deven is going to melt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra is correct. She does look like her in one way. They are both so tiny : ) Well Gradma won't stop shopping and she is not here for 5 more months. I start looking for the baby clothe job next weekend. And I DID BUY 1 OUTFIT. It has NO PINK in it. Not all girls wear pink. Grand Big Bud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELL - EXCITED - there are no words and YES they suprised me!!!! Knocked at the door on Friday nite - 10:00 - Dogs barking and I open the door carefully as I saw balloons in front of my door - of course I thought one of the girls received a surprise from their friends! Well - there is bright lite in the background and my daughter Angela standing with PINK BALLOONS with IT IS A GIRL - Well I think that the entire world heard my yelping and screaming - I scared everyone!!! Yes we are very excited and Ms. Madison already has a great wardrobe started - so Deven - you better be sure to make room in your closet maybe you should get a little trailer so that you can park it and have your quiet space and bed -closet and bathroom - hahha . Congrats to you and watch out - TIME TO SHOP for our Little Madison!!!! Sandra it is okay if she looks like you - but she has to have my olive skin!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog- didn't know you had one!! And I also didn't know that you were pregnant!!! OMG, congrats!! :) Being a momma is the very best, and I wish you lots of luck in your pregnancy and as a new parent!!
    xoxox Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! I shes super cute. (got bored at school) I cant wait to finally meet her!

    ReplyDelete