Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 15

Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an orange). His/Her legs are growing longer than its arms now, and the baby can move all of its joints and limbs. Although its eyelids are still fused shut, the baby can sense light. For instance, if I shine a flashlight at my tummy, the baby is likely to move away from the beam. Also, at this stage of the pregnancy, our baby’s ears have now developed to the point where it can hear our voices!


My mom gave us our 1st baby book, Dr. Suess's Hop on Pop, and since the baby can now hear our voices, Deven can't wait to start reading it to our little one. Now, we are anxiously awaiting our next doctor appt, which is on April 2nd. :)


3 comments:

  1. Well this baby is going to Love fruit - lemons, oranges, grapefruits - wow!!!! I am so excited to see what this fruit is going to be - hopefully it will not go to a potatoe stage - goodness we could make his or her Mr. Potatoes - ahhaaha - Love you both and I want to see daddy's face when he sees the sex!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the baby updates! I'm sure Baby Lightner will love hearing Daddy read "Hop on Pop."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so am I the only one who thinks she looks like me?

    ReplyDelete